Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Game 138 - Pineiro Shines

Another one for the W column. I must admit that I am conflicted concerning Joel Pineiro's future with this team - but probably less so than with one Gil Meche. Pineiro had another decent outing last night. It would appear that he has at least found a way to repeat these effective starts. I don't believe that he will ever be the TOR guy that people were talking about several years ago - but I do think that he can be an effective 3 or 4 guy - if he stays healthy. But I'm not complaining - another win is always a good thing.

I was pretty sure Richie Sexson was going to unload a *long* home run last night. He didn't - but I don't think it will be long before he does.

Maybe Mike Morse will learn how to play left field after all. He didn't look that bad last night.

No comments: