Thursday, September 15, 2005

Games 143, 144, and 145 - Swept 'Em Again

I'm only going to comment on Game 145 - being that I attended. It was a nice day in Seattle, although a bit cool in the shade. My sister and brother-in-law are in town from Corpus Christi, TX. They went to the game in shorts and t-shirts - against my advice. By the 4th inning, my brother-in-law made a trip to the team store to get sweatshirts. I thought I exercised remarkable restraint by failing to say "I told you so". But I digress. We sat in section 326, row 4 (awesome seats - check out the view):


The garlic fries are still fantastic. The game was probably the best game I have ever seen at Safeco Field. Best may not be the right word - but most exciting may be a better descriptor. There was lots of offense - sloppy defense - good defense - terrible pitching - and an excruciating ninth inning that finally resulted in a W for the hometown nine and a completion of the sweep.


Ichiro!

Just a couple of thoughts:

  • The Angels bullpen stinks.
  • Sexson's homerun left the yard quickly - even though it was going to the opposite field.
  • Beltre sets his feet for the throw to first like nobody else I have ever seen.
  • Raul Rocks (at least that's what the scoreboard said).

That was my last game at Safeco for the season. Even though this season has been a major disappointment, I had a great time yesterday.

No comments: