Thursday, October 20, 2005

Go Astros!!

So why a post concerning the Astros in a Seattle Mariner blog?

I'm a native Houstonian. Although I've lived in the Northwest for the last 11 years (and now call Silverdale home), my roots still extend back to the Houston area. I remember well seeing games at Colt Stadium, and my Dad taking us across the parking lot to the big hole in the ground that would one day be the Astrodome. I remember seeing many games in the Dome. Seeing guys like Willie Mays, Don Drysdale, Juan Marichal, Willie McCovey, "Little Joe" Morgan - well, you get the idea. Anyway, seeing the Astros win the NLCS was awesome. Best wishes for success in the WS.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I wish it hadn't come down to the Astros vs. Phillies for the NL Wild Card, or I would have rooted for the Astros more... because, similarly, I'm still a Phillies fan after not living in Philly for 11 years.

I hope the Sox win, but I'm happy that Biggio, etc, finally get to play in a Series.

Iron Tech said...

Yeah - Biggio and Bagwell have waited a long time. So how do you feel about the Phillies letting Ed Wade go?

Deanna said...

I'm not surprised they did it, but I think it was a bad move to do it before they actually had someone in mind to take his place. I don't really know the exact situation, but it doesn't look good from here...