Sunday, October 30, 2005

No News Is Good News?

This is the worst time of the year for a baseball fan. I opened the local paper this morning (The Kitsap Sun) and found exactly two baseball related stories in the Sports section - DePo gets canned and Manny wants to be traded (again). Yikes! Perhaps an online search would provide something. The Times and P.I. are both devoid of any content related to the Mariners. Even the blogosphere was pretty quiet.

I don't follow football or basketball or hockey - it's baseball or nothing for me. So I guess it's nothing for the next several months. Which may not be an entirely bad thing - I've been planning to update my web page for a long time now. Perhaps it will finally come to pass.

So when does Spring Training start?

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I feel your pain.

The offseason is a great time to catch up on reading baseball books, at least. I'll probably start posting more book reviews when I run out of players to parody... I dunno.

Iron Tech said...

Excellent - I will be looking forward to the book reviews - never can read enough good baseball books!! :D