Thursday, March 09, 2006

State Of The Blog (and other items)

I don't know about you, but I'm less than impressed with the Mariners so far this Spring. With a few notable exceptions, most of the team has sucked. I know it's early, but after a couple of 90+ loss seasons, it doesn't take much to topple my fragile psyche right over the edge.

I've been doing this blog for a couple of years now, and I am still trying to find my voice. It's always a given when you read Jeff or Deanna or The USS Mariner Crew that you know exactly what to expect. I have never really gotten that feeling from this blog - consistency has not been my strong suit. It doesn't mean that I will stop writing - but I am still searching for my niche in the Mariner blogosphere. Not sure what the blog is going to look like this season. I did game summaries last year, but wasn't really happy with that. So it will be something different this year. For those of you who have been reading, my thanks. And my promise to continue to strive to be better.

Hopefully the Mariners will continue to strive to be better - they haven't gotten off to a very good start.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Crap, you know what to expect when you read Marinerds? I'm obviously not doing a good enough job of being totally random. :)

I dunno, anyway. It's hard to find a voice or a niche sometimes. I think the best thing to do is just to write, and not worry about it.

irontech said...

Thanks Deanna. I'll take that advice to heart.

Jeff Sullivan said...

I'm with Deanna. Jot down your thoughts. The more often you do it, the easier it gets. That's your voice. It's not something you strive towards, it's something that just comes naturally. I mean, I didn't start LL because I wanted to become a bitter dweeb, it just so happens that that's who I've turned out to be.

The more you write, and the less you worry about what it is you're actually writing, the sooner you'll find yourself.

Larry said...

Sounds like someone needs a group hug!!! Isn't it nice though just to be able to put your thoughts and ideas into words on a page, regardless of what others think. I've known you for quite sometime, and always felt your opinion on baseball in general and the Mariners in particular was pretty much on in line with my thoughts. Maybe that's not a good thing :)

Anyway, keep it going, it always makes for interesting reading.

With regards to the M's, it's like watching a slasher movie over and over again, you hope that the kid doesn't get killed, and try to maintain some optimism, but when it's all said and done...

Regards,

irontech said...

Well Jeff, bitter dweeb wouldn't be the description that I would use, but I hear what you are saying. Thanks man - the encouraging words are much appreciated.

irontech said...

Hey Larry - you hit the nail on the head with the slasher analogy!