Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Where Fore Art Thou Petagine?

I think that I will ask this question until Mike Hargrove provides a satisfactory answer - why has Roberto Petagine had only 2 PA's so far? And in those 2 PA's, he has a home run and a walk. As a manager trying to win ballgames, would you leave such a potent weapon sitting on your bench? Would you try to expand your thought horizons and find a way to get this potent weapon into the lineup? Can you believe how many rhetorical questions have been added to this post?

I certainly don't mean to suggest that Roberto Petagine is THE ANSWER to what ails the Mariners, but I do think that he could play a major role in getting the offense turned around.

3 comments:

Ira sacharoff said...

I've been wondering the same thing. Hargrove has no problem getting Willie Bloomquist plate appearances or starts, but Peta?
Maybe Carl Everett needs a day off? Or a week? Or a season?

Larry said...

Seems pretty obvious to me that ol' Grover has a soft spot for Carl, and doesn't want to hurt his psyche. This evening, Carl is o'fer, and Yuni is 2 for 3, so he pinch hits for Yuni and lets Carl swing away. I don't get to see the games, but what am I missing?

irontech said...

And then Petagine gets an AB and doubles!