Too bad the Mariners can't play all of their games against the AL East. After the win last night, the M's are 22-15 against AL East competition this season. In any event, a series win at the expense of the Yankees and two wins to open the Red Sox series bodes well - especially when one thinks in terms of where this team is heading next year. So what do I see as signs of hope for next season?
- It is a pleasure to watch Chris Snelling play. Whether in the field or at the plate, he exudes confidence. His ability to work the count is awesome - hopefully it will be contagious.
- Lopez and Betancourt. Not only do they field - they both can hit.
- The resurgence (well, okay, maybe that's too strong - how about revitalization?) of Adrian Beltre.
- Minor league surprises named Lowe and O'Flaherty.
- Ichiro! in CF - let's hope this continues.
- Raul Ibanez. He just continues to produce.
So you see where I'm going with this. There's plenty to be hopeful for.