Sunday, October 15, 2006

More Random Playoff Thoughts

Here we go again, in no particular order:

  • Steve Lyons is a jerk. Although I'm not sure that his comment regarding Lou was all that bad, as a culmination of a million stupid things he has said, it was enough to get him fired. Excellent. Now if only Timmy would say something stupid...
  • I found myself getting really pissed when Scott Spiezio managed to drive in a couple of more runs for the Cards last night. It is just unbelievable that a guy who played so horribly while in Seattle could be winning big games in the NLCS.
  • Not taking anything away from the Tigers, but the A's didn't put up much of a fight in the ALCS. Aside from The Big Hurt coming to bat with bases loaded in the 9th in game 3, the A's went quietly. Oh well, I suppose seeing Ramontiago in the World Series will make it okay.
  • I hope Lou Piniella ends up managing the Cubs. I hope Luis Gonzalez catches on with another club. I say this because as on-air talent, they both stink.
  • My AL prediction (Twins) didn't do so well. I'm hoping my NL prediction (Mets) starts playing better ball today.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Back for the Playoffs (took a weeks vacation). Steve Lyons got shafted, I'm really tired of all this politically correctness, somwhere right now, I am offending someone with something I say or write. Anyway, with regards to the rest of your post, I still say Spezio sucks, The Tigers will win the World Series regardless of who they play and Lou will bring the Cubs back to the playoffs. Carlos Guillen hitting the cover off the ball, what a shock that a former mariners player would do so good when traded to another team!!!! Just one of those things that makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm. It would be a nice change of pace to see a former Mariner just flop (Joel).

Larry