Here we go again, in no particular order:
- Steve Lyons is a jerk. Although I'm not sure that his comment regarding Lou was all that bad, as a culmination of a million stupid things he has said, it was enough to get him fired. Excellent. Now if only Timmy would say something stupid...
- I found myself getting really pissed when Scott Spiezio managed to drive in a couple of more runs for the Cards last night. It is just unbelievable that a guy who played so horribly while in Seattle could be winning big games in the NLCS.
- Not taking anything away from the Tigers, but the A's didn't put up much of a fight in the ALCS. Aside from The Big Hurt coming to bat with bases loaded in the 9th in game 3, the A's went quietly. Oh well, I suppose seeing Ramontiago in the World Series will make it okay.
- I hope Lou Piniella ends up managing the Cubs. I hope Luis Gonzalez catches on with another club. I say this because as on-air talent, they both stink.
- My AL prediction (Twins) didn't do so well. I'm hoping my NL prediction (Mets) starts playing better ball today.