Sunday, November 26, 2006

Alienating The Fans

If I may presume to speak in generalities, I've got the feeling that signing Willie Bloomquist to a contract extension as your first move of the off-season is probably not going to sit very well with many people. As a matter of fact, it may just tend to piss a few people off. After the last couple of dismal seasons, I think most fans are looking for some sort of sign that things are going to get better in 2007. So far, the results are not promising.

Thanks to all who have expressed their sympathies concerning the passing of my Mom. Your kind words were truly helpful during a very difficult time.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Signing Willie was strictly a PR move for the many people who love his hustle but know nothing about the game. I'm hoping that the FO doesn't think that he will add anything substantial to the team next year. I'm kind of nervous about the lack of other signings though, and am beginning to wonder about next years pitching. Guess we'll just wait and see.