Monday, November 20, 2006

A Personal Note

My Mom passed away last Friday night. She was 87, and her death was not unexpected. I miss her already, but I know I will really miss her once Spring Training starts. You see, my Mom was a huge fan of the Mariners. Even after all of her favorites (Dan, Edgar, Bone, Jr., Jamie) were gone, she still hung on as a fan. Even after the last several seasons that were disappointing to say the least, she continued to watch every game and cheer them on or call them bums when the situation dictated. We spent many hours watching the Mariners, and I know that I will always cherish those memories. Rest in peace Mom.

6 comments:

Mariners Revolution said...

I am sorry for your loss and wanted to offer my condolences.

Deanna said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Baseball moms are a great thing.

PositivePaul said...

Oh, man, Terrence! Hugely sorry to hear that. Certainly it's never easy to lose one you love, and one that's a part of you in so many ways, no matter how expected it is.

Blessings on you and your family through this challenging time.

Larry said...

Terry,
My deepest condolences, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I was just home after my father had a stroke (again) and though I know in my heart that he doesn't have much longer, and I am so far away, it will be extremely tough when he is gone. If you were anything like your mom, she must have been a great woman.

Regards,

Larry

terry benish said...

My mom passed when I was 16 in 1971 after a short ugly bout of cancer. Her two brothers were professional athletes, Les Moss (Browns, Orioles, Red Sox and White Sox, Manager Tigers and White Sox, pitching coach Astros), Perry Moss (player Illinois, Packers, Head coach Florida State, Marshall, NFL assistant, Packers, Bears, Bills).

As I was the youngest of three boys, she taught me as well as my older brothers how to play baseball with a great degree of detail and how to approach and survive life. All of us played through college.

There is not a day goes by where I do not think of her and her wisdom. My dad was a fine man and I reflect upon him as well, but I empathize with you in your current time.

Edwin said...

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences. May your Mom's memory and spirit be forever with you.