Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's Going To Be A Long Year

The Winter certainly hasn't been anything close to what many of us expected. Instead of Dice-K and J.D. Drew, we have Miguel Batista and Jose Vidro. We no longer have Chris Snelling and Rafael Soriano. Barring any more deals, it would appear that the Mariners will be another mediocre baseball team in 2007 - certainly not a contender. Perhaps the good news contained within that bad news is that in 2008 there will be a new GM and Manager (and hopefully President and CEO) to attempt to get the club back on track. The current group is just not getting the job done. It would also not surprise me if the 2008 season is an Ichiro!-less season if the 2007 club performs at the level of the 2006 club.

It is the winter of our discontent. Can the club do anything between now and the start of the regular season to improve their chances? Of course they can - and hopefully they will. Right now things do not look very promising. Please Bill Bavasi - prove me wrong!

1 comment:

David Stefanini said...

This off-season has been miserable for the Mariners. They have helped every franchise but their own. It's like watching the Knicks.

Also I wanted to know if you would link my blog to yours and I will do the same for you. My site name is American Legends and it's:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my site and tell me your URL and the name in a comment and I will link you to my blog.

Thanks,
David