Wednesday, December 13, 2006

M's Trade Snelling and Fruto - For Jose Vidro?

USS Mariner reports that the Winter just got a little wackier with the M's trading Chris Snelling and Emiliano Fruto to the Nats for Jose Vidro. I'm speechless. It has to be part of a bigger deal. It has to be. Just when I was trying to feel good about no more Pineiro, now this. Sheesh.

Edit: Okay, Geoff Baker of the Times says that Vidro was acquired to become the full time DH. And this is supposed to make me feel better?

1 comment:

Larry said...

I'm telling you, it's all those dang baseball blogs and newspaper articles saying that the M's haven't done anything of note this offseason. Bavasi has been reading them all, and finally decided to "Show You". Really makes you wonder what the heck is going on. Is he so desperate for a deal that is going to make everyone love him, that he'll try anything. Reminds me of a boss I once had. I'll bet you that Snelling has a break out year with the Nats!!!

Larry