Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not So Promising Start

Seeing John Thomson sign with the Blue Jays for $500K yesterday just made it abundantly clear that the good ship Mariner is adrift. I suppose that the 2007 version of the club might play well, but there are so many guys on the roster that could go "poof" at any moment that it will be a minor miracle if they do. So let's just say that I'm not feeling too confident right now. Perhaps the GM will pull a rabbit out of his hat - but the odds, at least in my opinion, are against it.

2 comments:

Larry said...

I think that the rabbit in the hat is the only possible solution to this off season. Sometimes I think that It wouldn't pay to be a psychoanalyst for this particular organization. I think that I would be laying on the couch after trying to figure what exactly this team is trying to do. It was sure nice to see you again, My dad's service was very nice, he was interred at Mt. Tahoma Veterans Cemetary, a beautiful place. Next time I'm in town, we'll get together for lunch.

Best Regards,

Larry

Iron Tech said...

Sorry for your loss. Hope we can get together again soon under much happier circumstances.