Friday, February 23, 2007

What's Wrong With Hitting .240?

As Deanna over at Seattle Marinerds points out this morning, everybody and their brother (or sister) is blogging about the Mariners this year. With all the coverage coming out of Peoria, there's no shortage of material to write about. Yahoo is running an article this morning concerning none other than Big Richie that discusses the "It always amazes me watching people criticize a guy with 39 home runs because he's only hitting .240" thing that we discussed yesterday. Sexson actually seems to be irritated - "I know a lot of people are down on the season I had. But find another right-handed hitter who can do that in that in that park, and I would say thank you very much," Sexson said. Looks like Sexson and Hargrove are on the same page.
Edit: Or perhaps Richie is saying that he would hit for a much higher average in another ballpark. I haven't looked at the home/away splits from last season - but I would be surprised it there is any significant difference. Anybody out there got anything to the contrary?

No comments: