Sunday, March 25, 2007

Morrow In Or Out?

One of the most interesting questions remaining this Spring (at least in my mind) is whether Brandon Morrow will make the big club as a reliever, or start the year in the rotation in AA. There's been quite a bit of discussion in the blogosphere concerning the relative merits of each course of action. For me, I would much prefer to see Morrow with the big club - they've made the bullpen a lot weaker than it should have been, and here's a nice in-house solution to that problem. Time will tell - opening day is almost here.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I agree with your sentiments concerning the bullpen, but am not so sure about moving Morrow just yet. I wonder about the clubs decisions on other potential star pitchers, Nageotte, Johnson, etc.. I would like to see him get some seasoning in the minors, (at least 3 months) before being called up. Seems that the psyche of young players is fragile, and exposing them to bad situations early on could compound the problems later.
I say lets see how the team does in the first 3 months of the season, and if they are pathetic based solely on the bullpen, then bring him up (depending how his development goes in the minors). Morrow has tremendous upside, and waiting 3 months won't hurt that.

Larry