Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sweeping Boston

You know, I've certainly had my ups and downs with this team so far in the 2007 campaign. There have been times when I have been positively giddy - and other times where I've been this close to giving up on them. But just as the infamous "road trip from hell" last year was a turning point, I think that this series sweep may be a turning point this season. Time will tell, but I must say that I am cautiously optimistic right now.

Dave has posted another awesome article at USS Mariner today - definitely worth a read.

2 comments:

Larry said...

I guess I'm riding on your bandwagon.
Starting pitching still a concern, but lots of help coming off the DL soon (Maybe even Mark Lowe). I keep hoping that the starters some how find their groove, and start going 7 innings. Offensively, the team is getting hits when they need them though I believe that they could improve that also, here's hoping that it all comes together in the 2nd half.

Larry

Larry said...

What a day in mariner land! Grover gone, an 8 game win streak, 12 games over .500, and Weaver goes 8 innings and only gives up 1 run. Pinch me, this isn't really happening. Only half a game out of the wild card slot. Stop me, my head is spinning. Interesting 7 game road trip before the all star game, including a 4 game set with Oakland win 3 out of 4 and the M's go 6 games out in front of the A's. Here's to McFarland.

Larry