Monday, July 02, 2007

Adios Grover - Win Streak Continues!

My brother-in-law called me yesterday afternoon from Arizona and told me about Mike Hargrove's resignation. I had been busy all day and hadn't had a chance to see any news - so of course the info surprised me. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth - so thanks Grover. Best of luck in future endeavors.

The ballclub just continues to amaze me every day. 10-2 homestand. 8 in a row. 12 games over .500. You just have to sit back and enjoy the ride at this point. And put me down in the "do what it takes to get Buehrle" camp. What an awesome upgrade that would be. Be calm.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Well, well, not much else to say, even with this evening loss, a tough one, but to see Felix go 8 innings, makes me feel warm all over. Just couldn't get the key hit when we needed it tonight. This is a big road trip because they have to prove they can win on the road, and prove that it wasn't all Grover!!

Larry

Larry said...

Hey,
Imagine an outfield of Ichiro, Guillen, and Jones with Guillen and Jones supplying 30-35 homers, and Ballentin DH (another 20-25 dingers). (Add Clement to the mix, and "My Oh My" it would be nice to see) M's holding their own right now, though I would like to see another win streak of 8 or more. As long as we stay within reach of the wild card and the Angels, and ahead of the A's we'll be OK.

Larry