Tuesday, July 10, 2007

At The Break

To say that I am positively giddy concerning the Mariners these days would be an understatement. Not only do they have a shot at the AL Wild Card, they have (at least in my opinion) a very legitimate shot at winning the AL West. Who would have thunk it just a month ago?

Larry Stone says Ichiro! is ready to sign a 5 year extension, reportedly worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 million!! Wow! I'm so happy.

Geoff Baker grades Bavasi. Geoff is the best sportswriter going - make sure you read this piece.

The first half of the season has had more plot twists than you can shake a stick at. Good Felix - Bad Felix - Hargrove leaves - Bad Weaver - Good Weaver - J.J emerges as elite closer - injuries - slumps - streaks (good and bad) - you name it. But I've got to tell you, I'm as excited about this team right now as I was back in 2001. Go M's!!

1 comment:

Larry said...

I'm feeling good about the McLaren hiring, and Weaver's return has been a big bonus for the team. Here's hoping that Ramirez can return and pitch like the other 4 (on a regular basis). Guillen and Beltre hitting the ball well right now. I would like to see Yuni and Kenji get back on track that would help greatly. A few big series right after the break, time to climb into the drivers seat.

Larry