Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On Or Off?

In a comment on a previous post, my friend Larry mentioned that he had one foot on the bandwagon and the other foot off. That's a great description of my own feelings regarding the Mariners at this point in time. One part of me wants to get really excited and dare to think about the playoffs. Another part of me is certain that they will disappoint me (yet again). I think Geoff Baker is right when he says that the current series will pretty much determine whether the Mariners are contenders or pretenders. Off to a good start - let's see where we are in 2 days time.

Looks as if the trading deadline is going to pass without any action for the Mariners. For once, I think it's a good thing. Please don't make any deals for relievers!! Now if you can find a way to get Carlos Silva....

3 comments:

Larry said...

I think we should vote on whether or not Richie Sexson should be taken off of life support or not. He should be considered a mass murderer for all the rallies he has killed. Today for instance in the first when he had the bases loaded with two outs, and ends up flying out to Guerrero. Please Bavasi, McLaren et al... put him out of his (and our) misery.

Larry

Iron Tech said...

Agreed. I would much rather see Broussard get those at bats. Interesting quotes from Guillen concerning the Adam Jones callup - got a post brewing about that. By the way - I'm on!! Go M's!!

Larry said...

I was all ready to pull up the other leg, before Ramirez' start last night, but heard the bearings grinding in that right front wheel, and decided to keep it out there to help steady the cart. Great debut for Jones, looking forward to more. Washburn tonight, a win puts the M's a game and a half out in the west and depending on Detroit's outcome tonight, tied for the wild card. Just because the rides rocky, I'm in it for the duration, GO M's.

Larry