Sunday, May 04, 2008

Just About As Bad As It Gets

After yesterday's humiliating defeat in NYC, I'm rather reluctant to admit that I am a Mariner's fan today. That's about as bad a game as I can remember seeing - the hometown nine really stunk up the joint. I think that the crucial point in the 2008 campaign may be upon us - we may not have to wait until late August to find out if this team is going to compete. And quite frankly, if they continue to play like they played yesterday, the answer is going to be no.

3 comments:

Larry said...

You are absolutely correct in that the crucial point of the season is upon the M's. As usual, they are unable to string together any kind of a win streak, or even productive back to back innings. The defense is abysmal, and is there any hope for the offense to show some spark? I think there is little pride on this version of the Mariners, at least they're not showing much. I kind of chuckle when I look at the box score on a daily basis and see yet another loss. Mclaren's trying to see if Vidro is going to hit his way out of his slump, (though theres not much on the bench to supplant him), and the rest of the hitters seem to avoid positive consistency. Amazingly, Seattle's starters all got rocked in New York, just not sure if they come back from this one. If they are to do it, they would need several 6-8 game win streaks. Guess the month of May will tell all.

Larry

Terrence O'Leary aka Iron Tech said...

I'm pretty sure that this homestand will tell us what we need to know about this club.

Larry said...

I got to see the M's tonight, Washburn pitched a decent game, and I like what I see from Ballentin. Still holding out judgement on Clement, so lets hope he comes on strong and keeps Vidro on the bench. Just hoping that this homestand is a big turnaround for the M's.

Regards,

Larry