Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust

Well it was nice while it lasted.  Once the Rangers completed the sweep of the Mariners, the hopes for contending in the AL West this year were dashed once and for all.  The first half of the season was a very pleasant surprise, but it sure didn't take long for that old "Oh no, here we go again" feeling to come back with a vengeance.

So what now?  Try to improve the club for 2012, but realistically it looks like it will be at least 2013 before the Mariners are competitive.  Which sucks.  I'm really regretting not going to any of the playoff games in 2001.  Who knew it would be 10 years?  And, quite frankly, I'm not getting any younger.  The thought of seeing the Mariners in the World Series fills me with joy - yet I'm seriously wondering now whether I'll see it in my lifetime.  It would be an awesome thing to share with family.  Time will tell.

No comments: